NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
PARTICIPATION CONSTITUTES ENTRANT’S FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL AGREEMENT TO AND ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL GIVEAWAY RULES, WHICH ARE FINAL AND BINDING. WINNING A PRIZE IS CONTINGENT UPON COMPLYING WITH THE OFFICIAL GIVEAWAY RULES AND FULFILLING ALL CONDITIONS TO WIN, WHICH ARE FULLY DESCRIBED HEREIN.
WINNER WILL BE REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO WINNER NOTIFICATION AND OTHER COMMUNICATIONS FROM SPONSOR (DEFINED BELOW) ACCORDING TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
BY ENTERING, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH CONSTITUTE A LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT. READ ALL RULES CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING.
- Eligibility: Participation open to those residing within the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (“DC”) who are legal U.S. residents 18 years of age or older and the age of majority in the U.S. jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry, except employees of TaxAct, and its parent company, Blucora, Inc, its subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this Giveaway, their immediate family members and persons living in the same households of each (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate. Void outside the U.S. and where prohibited by law.
- Promotion Description: The TaxAct Texas Bowl Prize Package Giveaway (“Giveaway”) sponsored by TaxAct, Inc. (the “Sponsor”) begins at 12:00:00 AM (CST) on January 4, 2022 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (CST) on January 4, 2022. TaxAct reserves the right to extend the date for the Giveaway Period. Eligible entrants for the Giveaway have a chance to win: (i) one of two LSU packages consisting of: a signed helmet or jersey, bowl shirt, sunglasses, solo cups, koozies, calculator, rally towel and promo flyer (collectively referred to as “LSU Prize Packages”); or (ii) one of two Kansas State packages consisting of: a signed helmet or jersey, bowl shirt, sunglasses, solo cups, koozies, calculator, rally towel and promo flyer (collectively referred to as “Kansas State Prize Packages”).
- Limit on Entries & How to Enter: Limit one (1) entry for the Giveaway over course of the Giveaway Period per person or household address. Entries over these limits are void. All entries are Sponsor’s property. During the Giveaway Period, eligible entrants for the Giveaway must visit TaxAct’s Fan Fest Booth during pre-game activities at NRG Stadium, located at NRG Pkwy in Houston, TX, prior to kickoff of the Texas Bowl at 8:00 pm CST and upload a QR code either to: (i) their personal device; or (ii) an Ipad provided by TaxAct, and then in either case enter their first name, last name, email address and address on this form.
- Marketing Consent: Nothwithstanding any current or prior election by you to opt out of receiving emails from us, our agents, representatives or affiliates or anyone acting on our behalf, you acknowledge and understand that by submitting an entry to the Giveaway, you expressly consent to be contacted by Sponsor, its agents, representatives, affiliates or anyone emailing you on our behalf for any and all marketing purposes. You represent and warrant that you are permitted to receive emails at the email address you provided to us with your entry. You certify, warrant and represent that the email address that you have provided to us is accurate and correct. Your email marketing consent is limited to the email address you provided to us in connection with your Giveaway entry.
- Random Giveway Drawing / Prizes / Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”) / Odds: On or about January 6, 2022 four random Giveaway drawing will be conducted by Sponsor from among all valid, eligible entries received over the course of the Giveaway Period. Through the random Giveaway drawings, TaxAct plans to give away a total of two LSU Prize Packages and a total of two Kansas State Prize Packages. All decisions of Sponsor and/or administrator shall be final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning the prize depends upon when you enter the Giveaway and the total number of eligible entries received over the course of the Givaway Period. The Giveaway consists exclusively of: (i) two LSU Prize Packages; and (ii) two Kansas State Prize Packages. Each prize package will be shippled to each winner. If applicable, each Giveaway winner may receive a 1099 tax form for the approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Giveaway.
- Potential Winner Notification: Potential prize winners will be notified within twenty-four (24) hours of the random drawing via email by a representative of the Sponsor. In response to the prize notification email, the potential winner must send a reply email with his/her/their name, complete mailing address and email address in order to claim the prize. Potential prize winners will be required to sign a Release and Declaration of Compliance/Publicity and Advertising Consent and Release (“Prize Claim Documents”) (except where prohibited by law) and such other documents reasonably required by Sponsor as part of the prize claim process. All such documents must be signed and returned within five (5) days of notification or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected as provided for in these Official Rules. Any potential prize winner is subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. In the event that any potential prize winner is disqualified for any reason, an alternate winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received during the Giveaway Period. If, despite reasonable efforts, a potential winner does not respond within three (3) days of the first notification attempt and return his/her/their executed Prize Claim Documents within five (5) days of the first notification attempt, or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential winner, such potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will attempt to contact up to three (3) potential winners of any prize in accordance with the above procedure, after which the prize in question may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable for any reason will result in disqualification.
- Conditions of Participation & Certain Restrictions: The participant is solely responsible for entering the Giveaway between 12:00:00 AM (CST) on January 4, 2022 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (CST) on January 4, 2022, as well as properly claiming a prize within five (5) days of Giveaway notification if selected as a Giveaway winner. Giveaway winners must agree to certain terms and conditions related to eligibility, release of liability, and Sponsor’s use of winner’s name and/or likeness for publicity, advertising and promotional purposes, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) as part of the prize claim process. Noncompliance may result in disqualification and forfeiture of prize. Once a prize has been delivered to the winner via mail from Sponsor, the prize is considered “awarded.” Taxes on any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No cash equivalents, prize substitutions or transfer of prize permitted except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event that an offered prize is unavailable. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor to use winner’s name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and promotion without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering, entrants acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements. By participating, entrants agree to release Sponsor and its parent company, Blucora, Inc., and its affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, wholesalers, retailers or distributors, advertising and promotion agencies or social media platforms, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents or representatives (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, demands, losses and liabilities of any nature whatsoever, which entrant may now or hereafter be entitled to assert, including but not limited to, any death, injury, loss of enjoyment, damage to computer equipment, or other harm or loss of any nature whatsoever caused or contributed to by participation in the Giveaway, any of the prizes awarded in the Giveaway and/or in connection with the awarding, receipt and use or misuse of prize, and/or claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Winners acknowledge that neither Sponsor nor its agents have made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including, but not limited to, its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a prize, if any, are subject to the manufacturers’ terms therefore and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee. By participating in this Giveaway, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer or in administration of the Giveaway.
- Contingency of Giveaway: Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, or illegible entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Giveaway is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Giveaway, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway and to award the available prizes via a random drawing from among all valid eligible entries received up to the point of the action taken by the Sponsor provided a sufficient number of entries have been received. Caution: Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made; Sponsor reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent of the law.
- Governing Law & Forum. These Official Rules shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, without regard to choice of law or conflict of law principles. Any suit or proceeding brought in connection with the Giveaway or any aspect of or participation in the Giveaway shall be brought in state court located in Dallas County or federal court located in Dallas, Texas. The parties to any such suit or proceeding shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts and waive any and all objections based on jurisdiction, venue, or inconvenient forum.
- Entire Agreement. The Official Rules constitute the entire agreement between Sponsor and any and all Giveaway participants with respect to all aspects of the Giveaway. The Official Rules supersede and cancel any and all prior and contemporaneous negotiations, agreements, and understandings (oral and written) with respect to the Giveaway.
- Confidentiality: For information about how the Sponsor uses your personal information, please see its privacy statement, located at Privacy Notice Statement – TaxAct.
- Winner’s List: To receive name and city / state of residence of winners of prizes valued at $25 or more, mail a stamped, self-addressed envelope accompanied with a signed, hand-printed request to “TaxAct Texas Bowl Prize Package Giveaway Winner’s List”, TaxAct, Inc., ATTN: Marketing, 3200 Olympus Blvd., Suite 100, Dallas, Texas 75019. All requests must be received by Monday, February 7, 2022.
- Sponsor: TaxAct, Inc., 1425 60th NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402.